Wednesday 19 March 2014

Long awaited outfit post


I haven't blogged for a while but since my last post I have acquired some "wish list" pieces I've had my eye on for a while. This jumper being one of them. I originally saw this sweater in one of those lovely Asos magazines us customers get in the post. It was paired with a floor length mermaid like sequinned dress and a massive black floppy hat, I instantly thought, I NEED THAT OUTFIT. Unfortunately I couldn't justify a sequinned gown soooo I just bought the top. It is a Cheap Monday sweater with a jersey body and transparent chiffon sleeves (well more organza for the fellow fashion design students out there). I'm a bit of a bargain hunter when it comes to clothes. I don't have a bottomless pot of money but I like new things so I tend not to spend over £30 on tops. I do sometimes have to make exceptions though for items such as this. I was willing to pay more for the unusual design detail and quality of the fabric and colour. Instead of the usual black sweater there is a slight plummy tone to it which is highlighted more on the sleeves. Sine investing in a Cheap Monday piece I have been looking more at their other stuff. I like how simple and relaxed their garments look but they have subtle details that set them apart from the usual high street jersey basics. I would recommend a look!






Onto the necklace, since I bought this in the summer I have barley taken it off. I found the brand Delilah Dust whilst scrolling through Instagram, I instantly loved all their pieces. As a child I found myself being forced to look at rocks on days out, some pretty some not. My brother has ended up studying geography and other rock related  things at university so that probably explains it. I used to collect the pretty crystal ones.,more girly that the fossils my brother had. Therefore when I saw this brand I fell in love as it reminded me of them. After alot of debating, it was a hard choice, I went for a lovely white stone on a gold chain. I thought it would go with more of my outfits, which has turned out to be right as I wear it with most things. Unfortunately this story has a sad end, last week I wore it to work (got lots of compliments) but the chain snapped. I'm so disappointed. So if Delilah Dust if you're listening please can I have a new one or a magic wand to fix it.....?



Lastly my jeans and boots. I noticed alot of celebs sporting the slashed knee look so I thought I would do a DIY job. I bought a pair of black skinny jeans from Primark, i think they were £7ish. Cut a slash in the knee and bobs your unlce! As I've been wearing them more they are getting to look more distressed. Not sure how they will survive the wash we will have to seeeeeeee. The cut out boots are my trustee companions from New Look, there is previous blog post about them if anyones interested :)

 P.S Please excuse the backgroud to these picture. I still haven't found a good place to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment