Friday 28 March 2014

B L A C K AND G O L D BIRTHDAY


As my last post was about my birthday activities I thought I would do a post about my birthday presents. I was a very lucky girl.


Firstly these black and gold heeled sandals were not technically a birthday present but I bought them using Topshop Gift cards I got for christmas so they're technically a gift. I have very odd shaped feet, they're creepily pointy and narrow. Therefore I find heels, well shoes in general a bit of an issue because my feet slide out. Therefore I usually always chunky heeled boots with strapping in facilities. BUT I couldn't resist these beauties, they have a strap to hold my ankle and I loaded the soul with those cushiony things to help fill the space. I decided on these heels over other barely there varieties and they have a chunky heel. Stilettos look very pretty and ladylike but are not practical for people like me with bambi legs and no balance walking on the cobbled streets of Chester. I wore them out for my birthday meal, ripped my ankles to shreds, got huge scabs but it was worth it. I still love them.


Secondly my Whistles bag, I have admired the Whistles clutches for a while. After my boyfriend asking repeatedly what I wanted for my birthday I decided on this clutch bag. Its got a great shoulder strap, that could also be used as a necklace as my boyfriend pointed out......... The classic black colours means it will go with most of my outfits but the patent croc effect adds a bit of interest. All round winner basically.


Lastly Russel and Bromley Grosvenor shoes, after explaining my weird feet the problem also applies to day wear shoes. Mum and Dad are fed up of me complaining about my feet hurting all the time so they bought me good sensible shoes for my birthday. Luckily for me the ones I choose are comfortable AND look nice. I decided to go for the black and gold pair and not the red as black will go with more of my clothes. I like the masculine edge that can be worn with skinny jeans and edge up a floral dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment