Thursday 30 January 2014

Looking back at old work

Having a bit of a nostalgic day today remembering uni work so I thought I would re post some old pictures from one of my sketchbooks. The images are a bit out of date now but I still find them interesting.  

This is a photo shoot I found in Dazed and Confused August 2010. I liked how the images had been made to overlap and create different patterns and illusions, reminded me of the photos I took on the train using reflections. I liked this effect so I decided to cut the images up and jumble up the images even more contrasting colours and shapes. 


Screen+shot+2010-10-05+at+00.34.59.png




 The first image is taken form a photo shoot in Flux magazine, Issue 73, the shoot was titled Possessed. I love everything about these images. Throughout the shoot the male models have a real feminine edge to them and in some they wearing heels, exploring the boundaries between male and female fashion.
The middle image is a Raf Simmons advert, it felt this was a very eery and powerful image portraying the idea of restriction and being unidentifiable.
I found the images on the left in Pigeon and Peacocks magazine, Issue 1. I think that they also give of a creepy possessed feel, the lady in the images seems lost and confused which creates a really mysterious atmosphere.


Screen+shot+2010-10-05+at+00.29.35.png

These are images I took myself during a very boring train journey. At first I was just messing around but after looking at the images I realised that I actually quite liked them. The mixture of blurriness and sharp injections of light reminded me of the images from Flux magazine (previous image). I also like that in some images it looks like there are two scenes on top of each other, I think it gives a mysterious feeling to the images. In the end that train journey turned out to be quite productive. 



Screen+shot+2010-10-05+at+00.05.16.png


No comments:

Post a Comment